It is a sincere goal of the MIGCA All-State Selection Committee to select and honor the "complete and deserving golfer". Although golf scores and tournament finishes are an important part of the All-State selection process, honesty, integrity, sportsmanship, and behavior off the golf course are also considered during the selection of the MIGCA All-State Teams.
The use of tobacco, alcohol, or other illegal substances or behavior unbecoming an athlete during or after school hours could disqualify the athlete from nomination by his/her coach, or consideration by the MIGCA All-State Selection Committee.
MIGCA has always strived to adhere to this code of conduct and it is important for the nominating coach to consider these characteristics when nominating a player.
Academic All-State (Individual)
- ONLY SENIORS are eligible.
- A minimum of TWO YEARS on the high school golf team.
- Nominees who have competed in less than half of the team's competitive varsity events this year will only be considered if they have competed in a significant number of varsity events in previous seasons.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.75 (4.0 system).
- GPA multiplied by ACT score must be at least 100 to qualify for Academic All-State Honorable Mention. GPA multiplied by ACT must be 110 to qualify for Academic All-State. For example, a student with a 4.0 GPA would need at least a 25 on his/her ACT to qualify for Honorable mention.
- Must include a TRANSCRIPT for the first 6 semesters (through the junior year).
The selection committee takes into account the students grade point average and ACT score to create a composite index. That index number is sorted and from that score, first team and honorable mention individuals are selected Academic All-State. The Boys are selected in June and Girls are selected in October.
Academic All-State (Team)
- Five members from the same team who each competed in the Regional tournament.
- Minimum combined GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale. (GPAs will autmatically be calculated.)
- Players with all A's receive bonus points according to their grade level (i.e. 10th graders receive 4.05, 11th graders receive 4.10, and 12th graders 4.15).
- The five individual transcripts must be mailed and confirmed as received to verify grade point averages. 8th grade transcripts will be used for freshmen girls.