MIGCA Board Meeting
Paul TenEyck, Debbie Williams-Hook, Nathan Oake, Hugh Felt, Nancy Johnson, Mark Posey, Leon O. Brasited III, Tony Evans, Nancy Johnson, Deborah Culver
The meeting was called to order at 9am by President Paul TenEyck
- Financial Report. Financials are in good standing.
- State of the MIGCA
- Pace of Play is a possible concern
- What can we do to encourage a better pace of play?
- # of girls participating is a concern
- What can we do as an association to increase participation?
- Website resources
- How to grow the game
- Middle School Letter-sample for coaches to use
- PD-How to run a program that encourages girls to play
- Winter Clinic
- U of M –we couldn’t get it to work out
- Top Golf-Auburn Hills
- Let’s do it in the afternoon
- Rochester Hills in the Morning
- Rules session
- Guest Speaker
- Access what we want
- Website needs to be faster
- Do we want to look at other websites as a model?
- Regional and Divisional Coach of the Year
- What improvements need to be made?
- Paper Vote?
- Online Vote?
- How do we determine who is a MIGCA member and who is worthy?
- Add it to the MHSAA Regional Packet?
- Do we need a Rookie COY?
- Distinguished COY instead of Regional COY?
- Coaching Responsibilities
- What improvements do we need to make to the tournaments, Regionals and State Finals?
- MIGCA Members per regional help organize, oversee and run regionals?
- Go Through Rules with Players??Player test?
- Hold Coaches responsible for being active at tournaments?
- If not active, team DQ??
- The results of the November 2018 survey were discussed
Meeting was called to a close at 11am by Paul TenEyck
Next meeting: TBD