MIGCA Zoom Board
Sunday, October 11th, 2020- 7pm
MIGCA Board Meeting
Attendance: Debbie Williams-Hoak, Hugh Felt, Mark Posey, Leon O. Braisted III,
Chris Cronin, Bob Filter, Paul Ten Eyck Absent-
Dan Picot, Nathan Oake, Deborah Culver
board discussed how the regional events went and how the use of iWanamaker
asked that we gather feedback on the use of the IWanamaker App
● Regional Coaches of the Year- did your
Regional vote and announce the winner?
We can send an email with an announcement along
Start times, 9:30 at West, 10:30 on East
Discussion on possible Frost Delay and how that
is going to be handled.
State Finals- Start Times-They are staggered at
9:30 and 10:30.
Coaches are needed to help with scoring and
other items at the end of the tournament
● All State All Academic Selection -Girls website ready?
The website is being updated with current
criteria and will be sent out once the changes have been made.
● All State All Academic Boys- if website
is changed for girls does this affect boys nomination process? Where do we stand with pursuing this?
Yes, we will need to update the website again to
do the boys.
We will hold off on boys nominations until the
girls are done with.
● All State Selection process- MHSAA offices not available for in
person. Other venue? Zoom meeting?
Possibly East Lansing HIgh School-Bob will check
Would we limit the number of coaches
attending? Possibly 4-5 per division
1 board member and 3-4 members per division
Tuesday, November 3rd, Time TBD, Location TBD
2020 Girls All State
Selection Process- -October 21st at Midnight is the Nomination
● All State Banquet Girls
- discussion on this? Covid Trending, Venue
Cancel the Banquet in December-Motioned/2nd and
approved the motion to cancel the All State Banquet
Option to do it March or April-We will look at
it after the state finals.
2020 Boys All State
All Academic Selection-
We will do this after the girls All State nominations
● MHSCA HOF Virtual Induction Ceremony- Sunday, September 20th-
Scott Street and Randy Johnson to be inducted. Dan Skatzka also recognized for
50 years of coaching. MIGCA to send out
letter of congratulations to each and put Induction Program on our website
along with email to members.
● 501c-3 Status- $275 to file. Form 1023 EZ.
Benefits included ease in obtaining sponsorship. Must check on ability
to award scholarship if 501c-3.
● BOD Liability Insurance- see attachment. Still waiting on
● BOD clothing- sent separate email with some Adidas options.
As we go forward, we need to continue to keep the ball
rolling on the below special projects.
● Conference Liaisons- Debbie, DEB
● SWOT Analysis-Chris
● Coaches Corner Resources- Hugh
● Help Tutorials- Mark
● Golf Drills-Tony (part of Coach’s Resources)
● Liability Insurance- Debbie, Nathan
● 501C3 Status- Debbie, Nathan
● New Coaches Handbook- Dan
● Policy regarding death of members and families-DEB, LEON
Additional Board Meeting Topics
October 11th, 2020 Executive Board Minutes
September 13th, 2020 Executive Board Minutes
August 23rd, 2020 Executive Board Minutes
August 9th, 2020 Executive Board Minutes
May 26th, 2020 Executive Board Minutes
May 20th, 2020 Executive Board Minutes
May 12th, 2020 Executive Board Minutes
May 5th, 2020 Executive Board Minutes
February 2020 Executive Board Minutes (Phone Conference)
December 2019 Executive Board Minutes