MIGCA Board Meeting
Attendance Debbie Williams-Hook, Nathan Oake, Hugh Felt, Nancy Johnson, Mark Posey, Leon O. Braisted III, Deborah Culver , Paul TenEyk,
The meeting was called to order at 9:30 by Paul T
- MIGCA Executive Board Discussion on the MHSAA Golf Meeting
(Please read the actual MHSSA Golf Meeting Notes for a complete understanding of their meeting)
- Cart Fee-it will be built into the Regional and State Finals costs
- Middle School-The MHSAA is looking for the MIGCA to host some middle school events.They could be co-ed.
- Discussion on how teams are selected to their regional
- Discussion on having a MIGCA member be a coach liaison to help make sure regionals are organized and run correctly.
- The MIGCA will develop some ready-made materials for AD’s andcoaches to use .
- The AD’s and host coach need to do a better job of reading what the MHSAA sends(powerpoint)
- Discussion on host AD/coach posting results to MHSAA and MIGCA websites
- Rules-officials feel they could be used more at Regionals (some coaches not contacting the rules official if there is a ruling to be made)
- The MHSAA is updating the cart waiver policy.
- State Finals-Forest Akers East is staying as a girls finals course.They boys will use only Forest Akers West.Oakland and Eastern are again interested in hosting.Good reviews from the Fortress as a host course.
- IWanamaker(online scoring)
- Regionals and state finals
- Discussed the possibility of having observers.Talked about the issues of getting enough of them and not having them over step their responsibilities.
- Regionals-girls will continue to use Monday.The boys can’t this year because of Memorial Day weekend. A lot of regionals utilized the Monday regional.Max 12 rule went ok and cell phones
- Reminder to post your scores in a timely manner so Rankings can be done
- This continues to be an issue
- The Host schools need to enter in their Regional results into the MIGCA Website.
- Future Membership Events
- Possible locations
- Tullymore/St. Ives
- The Loop
- Eagle Eye
- Should the Hall of Fame and Coach of the Year be in February?
- Financial Report-Nathan Oake Financials are in good standing. Working on an audit of the finances
- MHSCA Delegate-Hugh Felt
- Vendor Tab on our website
- Who would we allow?Cost?
- Resource Tab on Website
- Places to play
- 2020 Boys All-State Selection
- Deadline-Friday, June 14th
- All State Selection
- June 25th, Tuesday at MHSAA Office
- Need 20-30 coaches to attend.
- Doug Mckay and Dan Skatzka have been selected for induction into the Michigan High School Coaches Hall of Fame
- Leon Braisted II- 2018 National Coach of the Year –NFHS-National Federation of State High School Associations Coaches Association
- 2020 Hall of Fame and Coach of the Year Banquet
- February 23rd at Oak Pointe CC in Brighton,1pm
- 2020 Spring Clinic at Forest Dunes (May 8th and 9th)
- 2020 Boys All State Selection-June 25th
- 2020 Girls All State Selection-TBD
- 2020 All State Banquet -TBD
Meeting was called to a close at 3:00 by Leon Braisted III
Next meeting: June 25 at the All-State Selection
Older Board Minutes
5/12/19 MIGCA Board Meeting Minutes